Materials and images provided on our website are strictly for informational and entertainment purposes. Although we make every effort to receive prior approval for images and material presented here sometimes the nature of our activities preclude us from accomplishing this in every instance.
- Wear your reading glasses, if you normally use them and sit about 14 inches away from the screen.
- Cover the left eye.
- With the right eye, focus on the dark dot in the center of the grid.
- While looking at this dot, you still should be aware of the lines of the grid. Notice if any of the lines are distorted or broken or if there are blurred areas.
- Now, cover the right eye and repeat the test.
- If you notice any blurred, wavy or missing lines, contact your ophthalmologist as soon as possible.
Click the Amsler Grid below to enlarge.