The mission of Macular Degeneration Association (MDA) is to find a cure for macular degeneration through disseminating research information, while providing education that will improve the quality of life TODAY, TOMORROW and in the FUTURE for patients, family members and their caregivers.
- The Macular Degeneration Association funds research and educational programs. Our programs feature renowned expert speakers in the field of macular degeneration, offering FREE programs to the patients and their caregivers locally and nationally.
- Promotes awareness of all visual diseases by means of local and national outreach
- Publishes scientific research findings
- Advocates for scientific research and the rights of people with visual impairments
- Provides educational videos on our website for those that are homebound
- Provides a quarterly newsletter with the latest treatments, findings, information and helpful tips
- Maintains a robust website